WEDNESDAY PM, 23RD UPDATE WRITETHRU: An actress who appeared in the anti-Islam flick Innocence Of Muslims is suing the movie’s producer and YouTube and is asking a judge to order YouTube to take the video down immediately.
In the complaint (read it here) filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court, Cindy Lee Garcia claims she was duped by Nakoula Basseley Nakoula into appearing in the flick and was unaware of its anti-Muslim content.
She says she has received death threats, has lost her job and has lost access to her grandchildren whose parents fear for their safety.
Her lawyer M.
Chris Armenta says she will ask a judge in a hearing tomorrow in Los Angeles to order YouTube to take down the film.
So far Google-owned YouTube has denied her request.
Google has blocked access to the video in some countries where it has been ruled illegal.Meanwhile, YouTube on Wednesday added Saudi Arabia to the list of countries where it is blocking access to the Innocence Of Muslims trailer.
YouTube parent Google said the flick would be restricted “in countries where it is considered illegal by local authorities; that is, to date, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia,” AFP reports.
Saudi Arabia had earlier threatened to block YouTube entirely within the kingdom if a request to deny access to the video had not been heeded....... See Complete Article @ Deadline Hollywood